Terms & Conditions
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded unless an event is cancelled.
- Latecomers may not be admitted to a performance until a suitable break in the performance.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission and to require any ticket holder to leave the performance if requested.
- The use of cameras or any visual or audio recording equipment is strictly prohibited.
- The Management reserves the right to amend or cancel performances or events without liability in unforeseen circumstances.
- Ticket holders are requested to turn off mobile phones before entering the auditorium.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Reservations - We are happy to hold reservations for up to three working days after which time the seats will be released for general sale. However, reservations cannot be made one week or less before a show.
A £2 Restoration Levy is added to each ticket sold in order to maintain our listed building, meet running costs and improve the services we offer. This is included in the published price.
Box Office Booking Fee
A £1 Booking Fee is added to each ticket sold. This is included in the published price.
Exchanges and Resales
The exchange of tickets to a different performance of the same show is subject to a charge of £1 per ticket. If you are unable to attend a performance for which you have booked, the box office will try to re-sell your tickets, although the sale of any unsold seats must take priority.
Tickets can be exchanged or resold up to 24 hours in advance of the performance.
There is a service charge of £1 for each ticket resold. We regret that refunds cannot be made. Exchanges and refunds are free of charge to Members up to 24 hours before the show.
Attempts to resell tickets privately may result in the ticket not being valid.
Discounted tickets are usually available to students, under 26s and benefit claimants for most performances. Please present all relevant vouchers to the box office and request concessions at the time of booking, as discounts cannot be applied to tickets already purchased.
Play to the Crowd (incorporating Theatre Royal Winchester, Hat Fair and Playmakers) reserves the right to vary the advertised programme and facilities if deemed necessary and apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.
We endeavour to give warnings about the content of performances, notably strong language, adult content and noise. However, as many shows are in rehearsal when booked, full details are not always available.
- Gift vouchers can be used across the Play to the Crowd family, including: Theatre Royal Winchester, Hat Fair and Playmakers.
- Gift vouchers can be redeemed against any event at Theatre Royal Winchester's Box Office unless otherwise stated.
- Gift vouchers expire 12 months after purchase date.
Please note we only use our independent gift vouchers, we are unable to accept or sell National Theatre Tokens.
All membership benefits are subject to availability and to the following conditions (which are subject to change at the charity’s discretion):
Play to the Crowd reserves the right to withdraw or amend benefits without prior notice.
- Members are entitled to a discount of up to £4 on full price tickets for selected events at Theatre Royal Winchester.
- Members are entitled to 2 tickets for the price of 1 on full price tickets for First Night performances of selected events at Theatre Royal Winchester.
Please check the individual event information online and in the brochure for shows that have a Members’ discount and/or 2 for 1 offer.
Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including concessions or be applied to tickets already purchased.
All bookings must be made by the named Member.
Discounts can be applied to tickets for events dated beyond your membership expiry date, as long as your membership is valid at the time of booking.
Any purchase of tickets will be subject to our terms and conditions of sale.
Free 'No Quibble' Ticket Returns
Members benefit from free ticket returns meaning you can return your tickets up to 24 hours in advance of a performance, and you will receive a full refund even if we cannot resell your tickets.
When there is more than one performance of the show you've booked, we will always try to exchange your tickets to an alternative performance of the same show, depending on availability.
10% off Food and Drink at Theatre Royal Winchester’s Cafe Bar
This offer is available at any time, including pre-performance. Offer excludes hire events.
Members must show a valid In Crowd Card at the Cafe Bar upon placing their order to claim the discount.
Seasonal News and Updates
News and updates will be sent via email if a valid email address has been provided. If you do not have a valid email address, we will send news and updates to you by post.
Members Event invitations will be sent via email if a valid email address has been provided. If you do not have a valid email address, we will send invitations to you by post.
Members Event places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
The majority of our events are free to attend, though we may occasionally ask for a suggested donation to support our work as a charity.
The In Crowd Card
All In Crowd Card offers are subject to availability. Whilst current offers are regularly monitored and updated, Play to the Crowd is unable to take full responsibility for the alteration or withdrawal of these offers.
If your card is lost or stolen, please contact our Box Office on 01962 840 440.
Your card is non-transferable to any third parties.
Cancelling Your Membership
You have the right to cancel your Play to the Crowd membership at any time. If you cancel your membership within 14 days of purchase the initial fee paid will be refunded to you.
If you have accessed any of the benefits associated with the membership or you contact us to cancel your membership after the 14-day period has passed a refund cannot be granted.
Data Protection Regulations
By purchasing a membership, you give Play to the Crowd consent to contact you by phone, email and postal communications concerning membership administration, updates and benefits.
Play to the Crowd reserves the right to cancel a membership at any time.