Play to the Crowd is an arts and education charity. Our family comprises of:
- Theatre Royal Winchester - a beautiful middle scale heritage theatre.
- Hat Fair - the oldest continuously operating Outdoor Arts Festival in the country.
- Playmakers - a range of community engagement and creative learning programmes and activities.
Delight and Unite
By inspiring people to connect with and participate in live performance - both indoors and out – and by inviting them to 'escape from the ordinary' and discover a lifelong love of theatre and the arts.
We run a beautiful theatre, family-friendly festivals and community participation programmes, in and around Winchester.
We believe in
- Bringing people together in wonder
- The power and value of live performance
- Nurturing talent
- Improving lives through participation
Play to the Crowd's strategic objectives
- Increase the number and range of people experiencing live performance and deepen their engagement
- Bring communities together to share experiences, ideas and themes relevant to them
- Unlock creative potential, particularly of young people and emerging or local artists
- Offer fresh perspectives to support community cohesion and empathy
- Encourage laughter, thought and amazement to boost people’s joie de vivre and mental health
- Build a sustainable, resilient business model, working in innovative and progressive partnerships
- Play a leadership role in cultural development and partnerships in Winchester, across Hampshire and beyond, helping to support place making agendas
- Sustain and develop our building for the benefit of residents, visitors, artists and businesses