Play to the Crowd uses performance to enable people to laugh, cry, cheer, debate and grow together.
We provide a varied and independent cultural offer for Winchester and Hampshire, contributing to the health and wellbeing of local people.
Our charity's existence supports many other local businesses, boosts the local economy as a whole and encourages creativity, imagination and empathy from the cradle to the grave.
Impact by numbers
- £1m+ in additional positive economic impact for Winchester beyond our own turnover as a charity
- 140k+ audiences
- 800+ public performances
- 500+ participatory events
- 4k+ Youth Theatre attendances
- 50+ performances by community groups on a professional theatre stage
- 60+ local schools and colleges engage with our activities